Getting started with Softgiving is super easy! Check out this quick video and the below step-by-step for setting up your account and first campaign.
- Go to Softgiving.com and choose “Create a Campaign”
- Enter email, phone number, Handle, and Discord tag
- Create a password that meets requirements
Creating your campaign page:
- Choose the charity you'd like to raise donations for
- Enter your 30 day CCV
- Enter the expected date of your stream
- If you're running a sponsored campaign, enter the code provided by your agency or team
- Choose your Milestone Incentives that will take place when you hit certain donation amounts
- Choose a Top Donor Incentive that you will reward to the viewer who made the largest donation during the stream
When doing a sponsored charity stream you are required to have your stats, milestones, and alerts overlays and panels up during your event.
In your Softgiving dashboard, you will see the “Overlays” section on the right-hand side:
The ‘Stats Overlay' is a banner that will display the donor goal, the amount raised, and the top donor during the stream.
The 'Alerts Overlay' will appear when someone makes a donation and will include the following; donor's Handle, amount donated, a giph of their choice, and a personalized message if they enter one.
The 'Milestones Overlay' displays the incentives that were chosen to encourage viewers to donate.
Copy the Overlay URL and add it as a browser source through your streaming software.
Here are a couple examples of a well-done setup:
Right or left-hand positioning:
Top or bottom-bar positioning:
Note: Softgiving provides pre-formatted panels and overlays, but you’re able to customize to your own brand so long as the incentives are present and clearly visible.
In order to have a successful charity stream it’s very important that you promote the event (eg, Tweet, Discord) to your followers. You should include:
- An announcement of your charity stream event
- The date and time of your charity stream
- The name of the cause you’re donating to
- Your donation URL (you can use a shortener app like bit.ly if needed)
- Tag @Softgiving and the commands you’ve set up (eg, !charity, !donate)
Here are a couple examples of well-done promotional tweets:
Within ~an hour of your go-live time, double check that you’ve completed setting up each of these sponsored stream requirements.
Make one more promotional announcement for your followers, load up your donation panel and overlays, and HAVE FUN!
Note: Our team will do our best to pop in, view your event, and chat you with any additional quick feedback on improving your setup to maximize donations during your charity stream.
Don’t forget to thank you donors!
Have a favorite moment clipped? We’d love to share the moment with you and future charity streamers and donors, so tag @softgiving and/or send an email to email@example.com :)